Unleash children’s inner potential by letting their minds tinker and build with K’NEX Education Robotics Building System Set.
The K’NEX engineering set is made of quality materials that are utilized to build fully-functional models. Each set includes over 800 K’NEX parts, a control box, 4 motors, 1 push-button sensor, 1 distance sensor, 1 tri-color LED, 1 color/light sensor, and a downloadable teacher’s guide with 5 progressive lesson plans. Plus, it comes with free downloadable programming software. This innovative building system’s parts can be used to build 9 different models, so preteens can enjoy making a wide variety of robotic creations. Models that can be constructed include a line tracker, an airplane, a dog, a search and rescue robot, a car bot, and a ball factory.
As children piece together the parts and discover how the building system works, they strengthen their hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, problem-solving skills, and spatial awareness, and they exercise their imaginations! This building system also promotes teamwork, as it’s suitable for 2 to 3 builders at a time. Designed for children ages 10 to 15, this is one of the many toys for boys and girls that promotes STEAM building (science, technology, engineering, art, and math skills).
K’NEX Education teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to national educational standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS, and Common Core. Study after study reveals that students have more success learning STEM subjects through activities related to the real world rather than abstract concepts in textbooks. K’NEX Education sets allow students to build replicas of real-world machines and contraptions. Through the lesson plans and experiments provided, students can gain a concrete understanding of robotic technology, linear and branched logic, engineering design and data presentation and analysis.
Children learn best through action, so let them build with their minds and their hands with K’NEX Education Robotics Building System Set.
- DEVELOPMENT BENEFITS - K'NEX Education Robotics Building System Set supports key areas of a child's development. As children put the parts together and discover how the building system works, they strengthen their hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, problem-solving skills, spatial awareness, and they exercise their imaginations! It also promotes teamwork, as this set is suitable for 2 to 3 builders at a time.
- BUILD 9 DIFFERENT MODELS - This versatile building system set can be used to build 9 different models, so preteens can enjoy a wide range of variations in their robotic creations. The models that can be constructed with this set include a line tracker, an airplane, a dog, a search and rescue robot, and a car bot.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION - The Robotics Building System is made of top-grade materials that are used to build fully functional models. Each set includes over 800 K'NEX parts, robotics programming software, a control box, 4 motors, 1 push-button sensor, 1 distance sensor, 1 tri-color LED, 1 color/light sensor, and a downloadable teacher's guide with 5 progressive lesson plans.
- PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE INCLUDED: After the models are built, children ages 10 to 15 can download the programming software to power their models. Five progressive lesson plans are included to teach students how to use the software and they'll be writing complex programs in no time! Programs written in the software are downloaded to the control box, which powers the included motors and sensors to bring each model to life.
- STEAMaginationTM: It's the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) with a child's natural curiosity and creativity and it powers the fun of each and every K'NEX building set. Building with K'NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.